MICHIGAN DOG LAWS AND CITY ORDINANCES.
- All dogs must be licensed when they reach 4 months of age.
- All dogs must wear a collar with the license attached at all times (except when hunting)
- All dogs must be confined on the owner's property or on a leash, or under direct control at all times.
- You may not allow your dog to attack or bite a person or injure or kill livestock and wildlife.
- You must not permit your dog to trespass, or destroy the property of others.
- You may not possess any dog which shows vicious habits and molests passers by when lawfully in a public area.
- You may not allow your dog to become a nuisance by loud and frequent barking, howling, or yelping.
- You may not take your dog (except leader dogs, accompanied by it's owner) into a public park when the park is posted at the entrance prohibiting dogs.
VIOLATIONS OF ANY OF THE ABOVE MAY
1. The animal involved being impounded.
2. The owner being issued a summons to appear in court.
3. A warrant being issued for the owner's arrest.
Imprisonment in the County Jail for up to 93 days and or a fine of not more than $500.