Commission on Aging Resources

Nursing Homes in Gratiot County

Adult Foster Care Homes in Gratiot County

Assisted Living Facilities in Gratiot County

Home Health Agencies

Support Groups

List of useful websites: (Alzheimers' Association)     Get information about Alzheimers' Disease and useful resources and services. A Public Service of the Administration on Aging and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, that connects older adults and their caregivers with information on services for seniors


(Adult Day Respite Program) 

Good Company is an adult respite activity program designed for people with mild to moderate memory loss who are living at home. It gives them some socialization and fun while giving the caregiver a break. There is always openings for new participants. For more information call 989-463-2940, email A federal government website managed by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services.  Find information about health insurance coverage, health insurance marketplace,  and the healthcare law how it affects you. The offical U.S. Government Site for Medicare.  Find information about Medicare health and prescription drug plans in your area. Offical web site for the state of Michigan.  Find information about state taxes, about Michigan government, state websites, and travel and recreation.
Mid-Michigan  District Health Department Provides information about public health needs.

Sponsored by the National Council on Aging, a non-profit organization.  Provides information on Medicare benefits.

OSA (Michigan Office of Services to the Aging) The Michigan Office of Services to the Aging is the state resource for information on aging in Michigan. If you are an older adult, family member, or caregiver, her you can easily find and be referred to community programs available in your local area. The National Parkinsons Foundation offical website.  Find information for patients, caregivers, and professionals.  Find out what Parkinson's disease is and community resources. Resource guide produced by the Jackson Publishing Co. that gathers a list of community organizations and local businesses that cater to the needs of senior citizens. The offical website of the U.S. Social Security Administration. Order a replacement Medicare card; change your address or name; get information about Medicare Part A and/or Part B eligiblity, enrollment, and entitlement; apply for Extra Help with Medicare D cost; ask questions about premiums; or report a death.                           Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and U.S. Department of Justice.  Learn more about preventing and fighting Medicare fraud
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Provides information regarding patient care and federal beneftis to Veterans and their dependents.


 Phone Numbers for Older Adults of Gratiot County 

211 (call for health and human service information and referrals) 211
Department of Human Service (DHS) 989-875-5181             
DHS Central Intake for Abuse and Neglect (24/7 line) 1-855-444-3911
Department of Treasury 1-800-827-4000
Disablility Network of Mid Michigan (Midland) 1-800-782-4160
Eight Cap 989-463-5693
Elder Care Locator 1-800-677-1116
Elder Law of Michigan: Legal Hotline 1-800-347-5297

Gratiot Emergency Housing

Health Department 989-875-2400
Lakeshore Long-Term Care Ombudsman 1-866-485-9393
Medicaid 1-800-642-3195
Medicare 1-800-633-4227
National Do Not Call Registry 1-888-382-1222
Office of Human Services 989-681-4289
Rural Development 1-989-673-7588
Salvation Army 989-463-2864
Social Security (Mt. Pleasant Office) 1-877-405-7667
Social Security (National toll-free line) 1-800-772-1213
Sparrow Regional Medical Supply 989-463-2384
United Way 989-463-6245
Veteran Affairs Office (Gratiot County) 989-875-5258