Is there any emergency assistance or resources available for veterans?

Yes, the Michigan Veterans Trust Fund provides assistance for emergent and temporary needs of eligible veterans. To connect with available resources, contact Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency at 1-800-642-4838 or Dial 211 for other Michigan agencies.

The Veterans Relief Fund provides temporary relief to honorably discharged, indigent veterans primarily in the form of a Food Voucher.  Gratiot County DVA also has a limited supply of gift cards to assist veterans who have a temporary need not covered by other assistance programs.  These gift cards may be used for miscellaneous expenses like gasoline to get to medical appointments, groceries, toiletries, clothing items, utility bills, or other services, for example.  Contact the Gratiot County Veterans Affairs Office to determine eligibility.

Show All Answers

1. Am I eligible for VA benefits?
2. I am the spouse of a Veteran who recently passed away. Do I qualify for any VA benefits?
3. I can’t locate my DD-214 Discharge/Report of Separation. Can I get a replacement?
4. Is there any emergency assistance or resources available for veterans?
5. I served with the Michigan National Guard. Do I qualify for VA benefits?
6. I am a Veteran and need medical care. Will the VA help me?
7. Does my private medical insurance or Medicare disqualify me from using the VA hospital in Saginaw?
8. I heard I can go to my own doctor and the VA will pay for it. How do I enroll?
9. How do I get a Veteran’s Identification Card (VIC) for store discounts?