Domestic Case Reconciliation Procedures

Reconciliation Policies

When the court is notified of a reconciliation, Judge Barkman and Judge Schlegel will sign a submitted order of dismissal in the case. Either party may, within one year, submit a motion fee and petition to have the order dismissing set aside and the Judges will routinely grant that motion. Further, there will be no additional filing fees or costs incurred and the original action will be reinstated so as to benefit from the running of the original time limits.

The Judges have adopted this policy to close our files when no further action is contemplated and to permit the attorneys to do the same. In addition, the parties, when attempting reconciliation, do not have the pending divorce action hanging over their heads.


Please complete the below Notice of Reconciliation and Request for Dismissal and Order and forward to the Court for processing: