Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
1. All requests for use of the courthouse grounds for events not related to County business shall be submitted to the County Administrator for processing at least ten (10) business days prior to the planned event.
2. The County Administrator will approve requests if the event seems unlikely to cause damage to the lawn, trees, other vegetation, the sidewalk surfaces or the courthouse.
3. The event must not be one calculated for acts of civil disobedience, nor be likely to result in a public disturbance that could cause damage to property or injury to persons.
4. Event organizers will be required to post a $100 refundable deposit, payable to the Gratiot County Treasurer via cash, check or credit card, at least two business days prior
to the planned event. The Treasurer’s receipt shall serve as the permit for the event.
5. The refundable deposit will be applied toward the cost of clean-up or repair of any damage that may occur as a result of the event. The County reserves the right to collect
actual costs from the event organizers for costs of clean-up or repair that exceed the amount of the deposit.
Events not approved through application of this policy may be disbanded. The County may move to collect for damages to the property and/or clean-up activities required as a result of
the unauthorized activity.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field