Zoning Board of Appeals
The Zoning Board of Appeals does not have regularly scheduled meetings, rather, they meet on an as needed basis.
The Gratiot County Zoning Board of Appeals will hold a Public Hearing Wednesday, Oct. 16, 2019 at 4 p.m. in the Commissioner's Room located on Level 1 of the Gratiot County Courthouse, 214 E. Center St., Ithaca, MI 48847. John Pavlik ahs submitted a use variance request involving a portion of Section 23, Lafayette Township. Please contact Diandra Huggins at 9890875-5201 for further information.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Mike Brown
- Marc Raycraft
- Mares Vanderploeg
- Yvette Clark
- Maureen Murphy
About the Board
Required by the Gratiot County Zoning Ordinance. The Board consists of 7 members appointed by the Board of Commissioners, each serving three -year terms. The Zoning Board of Appeals is an independent body charged with handling all questions that arise in the administration of the Zoning Ordinance. In general, the zoning Board of Appeals may:
- Grant requests for variances
- Decide appeals of administrative orders or enforcement decisions
- Interpret zoning district boundaries when they are unclear
- Clarify language of the ordinance or decide when it applies in a given circumstance
- Decide appeals from the designation of non-conforming uses or structures